In May 2016, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MOPNG), introduced the ‘Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’ (PMUY) as a flagship scheme with an objective to make clean cooking fuel such as LPG available to the rural and deprived households which were otherwise using traditional cooking fuels such as firewood, coal, cow-dung cakes etc. Usage of traditional cooking fuels had detrimental impacts on the health of rural women as well as on the environment.
The scheme was launched on 1st May 2016 in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri. Narendra Modi.
The target under the scheme was to release 8 Crore LPG Connections to the deprived households by March 2020.
Under the Union Budget for FY 21-22, provision for release of additional 1 Crore LPG connections under the PMUY scheme has been made. In this phase, special facility has been given to migrant families.
- Adult woman belonging to any of the following categories.
- SC Households
- ST Households
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin)
- Most Backward Classes
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY)
- Tea and Ex- Tea Garden tribes
- Forest Dwellers
- People residing in Islands and River Islands
- SECC Households (AHL TIN)
- Poor Household as per 14-point declaration
- Applicant must have attained 18 years of age.
- There should not be any other LPG connections in the same household.
- Know Your Customer(KYC)
- Ration Card issued by the State from which application is being made/ other State Govt. document certifying family composition/ Self-Declaration as per Annexure I (for migrant applicants)
- Aadhaar of beneficiary and adult family members appearing in document at Sl. 2
- Proof of Address – Aadhaar will be taken as Proof of Identity and Proof of Address if the connection is required in the same address. In that case only Aadhaar is sufficient.
- Bank Account Number and IFSC
Cash assistance for PMUY connections is provided by Government of India – Rs. 1600 (for a connection 14.2kg cylinder/ Rs. 1150 for a 5 kg cylinder). The cash assistance covers:
- Security Deposit of Cylinder – Rs. 1250 for 14.2 kg cylinder/ Rs. 800 for 5 kg cylinder
- Pressure Regulator – Rs. 150
- LPG Hose – Rs. 100
- Domestic Gas Consumer Card – Rs. 25
- Inspection/ Installation/ Demonstration charges – Rs. 75
Additionally, All PMUY beneficiaries will be provided with first LPG refill and Stove (hotplate) both free of cost along with their deposit free connection by the Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs).
Download Form – Offline Documents
- Supplementary KYC.pdf
- Self-declaration Annexure I.pdf
- Mechanics Pre-Installation check of Customers Premises for LPG connection Annexure II.pdf
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana apply for New Ujjwala 2.0 Connection Click Here